Born and raised in the deep woods of rural Canada, bbbhltz tries to do as little as possible as often as he can.
As a child of the 80s, he is a fan of cartoons, Transformers, Star Trek, Star Wars and computers. Although he never learned to programme, it is a minor regret that he wants to remedy some day. He learned to do very basic things with computers in school using Apple II’s and then PCs. He discovered the Internet and the Web. After high school, he went to a university and had a laptop and Wi-Fi. Then he moved to France and got fed up with Windows and switched to Linux.
He is paid to speak his native language and talk about business and communication. He uses that money to buy things like music and coffee.
If you like the things on this bbblog you can email him.
If you don’t like the things on this bbblog you can also let him know; he has very thick skin and prefers direct honesty.
He likes to read and listen to music, you can follow him on BookWyrm and ListenBrainz.
Credits for this site
- Hugo (https://gohugo.io/): an open-source static site generator.
- Simple.css (https://simplecss.org/): framework to make a good-looking site quickly.
- Bunny Fonts (https://fonts.bunny.net/): an open-source, privacy-first web font platform designed to put privacy back into the internet.
- Tabler Icons (https://tabler-icons.io/): free and open source icons.
- A text editor.
- A terminal emulator.
- mogwai’s tutorial for applying simple.css to Hugo (https://mogwai.be/creating-a-simple.css-site-with-hugo/)
- A human-readable RSS feed with Jekyll by Minutes to Midnight
- Admonitions in Hugo by Bounded Infinity
- Adding meta tags in Hugo blog by Erin Jeong
- This blog was originally self-hosted, then moved to sourcehut pages (https://srht.site/) and is now on Codeberg Pages (https://codeberg.page/).
- For more information on the software I like to use, click here.